Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can! Yes We Did!!

Is today the most exciting day ever, or what? I feel like such a part of our country today. Proud and excited (and jealous of everyone who was able to go to Washington) I felt even better after seeing this video that was on ravelry. Yay, Obama!!!! I wish I had something red, white, and blue to knit.

I am seriously getting choked up watching the news people interviewing audience members. The miles people traveled, and standing in the cold for hours just shows how important this day is, and how absolutely wonderful this will be for our country. Yesterday, being Dr. King's birthday, and then today, wow! I don't even know what to say, except that today, I am proud to be an American!

4 comments:

Cindy Larson said...

Yes, it is overwhelming! I'm thinking it will be a good thing, I hope :) I just pray it doesn't get too much worse before it gets better!

Anonymous said...

I can just feel your excitement! It was great, wasn't it??

Larjmarj said...

I second that Ar!!!

I'm proud and somewhat amazed that the citizens of this country finally said no to a culture of fear and regression and decided to move this country forward in a positive direction.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

It is still a great thing! And it's only been a month, I know. But my blood pressure has come way down! How about yours? :o)